HH-60G Pave Hawk Mission :
Conduct day/night/marginal weather alert response missions to recover downed aircrew or other isolated personnel in hostile or permissive environments; perform disaster relief, noncombatant evacuation operations,
counter-drug operations, civil search and rescue, and Space Shuttle support.
The HH-60G Pave Hawk provides Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) and Personnel Recovery (PR). It is the most rapidly deployable, long range, combat rescue helicopter in the Air Force inventory. The Pave Hawk is a highly modified version of the Army Black Hawk helicopter. It features an upgraded communications and navigation suite that includes integrated inertial navigation/global positioning/Doppler navigation systems, satellite communications, secure voice, and Have Quick communications.
All HH-60Gs have an automatic flight control system, night vision goggles lighting, and forward looking infrared system that greatly enhances night low-level operations. The Pave Hawk has color weather radar and an engine/rotor blade anti-ice system that gives the HH-60G adverse weather capability. Pave Hawk mission equipment includes a retractable in-flight refueling probe, internal auxiliary fuel tanks, and two crew-served 7.62mm/.50cal machine guns.
Pave Hawk combat enhancements include a radar warning receiver, infrared jammer, and a flare/chaff countermeasure dispensing system. HH-60G rescue equipment includes a hoist capable of lifting a 600-lb. load (270 kilograms) from a hover height of 200 feet (60.7 meters), and a personnel locating system that is compatible with the PRC-112 survival radio. It provides range and bearing information to a survivor’s location. A limited number of Pave Hawks are equipped with an over-the-horizon tactical data receiver that is capable of receiving near real-time mission update information.
Weight : 22,000 lb.
- Range : 500 nautical miles (NM)
- Armament : M-240 7.62 machine gun, GAU-2C-7.62mm mini-gun, GAU-18 .50 caliber machine gun
- Dimensions Main Rotor: 53 ft.; Length: 64 ft.; Height: 16 ft.
- Service Ceiling : 14,200 ft.
- Self-Protection : Integrated Chaff/Flare/RWR, Infra-red (IR) Jammer, Kevlar armor, Self-sealing fuel tanks
- Speed : 125 knots
- Other Specifications : Communications UHF Line-of-Sight (LOS), VHF LOS, Secure UHF Satellite Communications (SATCOM)/DAMA, Personal Locator System (PLS), HQ-II; Navigations: Integrated INS/ GPS/Doppler Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR), over-thehorizon
(OTH) Tactical Receiver, Digital Moving Map/Threat Display, WX Radar, and Hoist